Friday 17 February 2017

Reading Comprehension Poem Worksheet.

Read the following poem 

Family Features by Liana Mahoney 

I've got Grandma Gertie's smile, 
And Uncle Joey's toes. 
I’ve got Cousin Robert's hair, 
And Mother's perky nose.
 There’s a dimple in my cheek - I think it’s Auntie Sue's 
 And blinking in the mirror Are Daddy's baby blues.
 But no matter how I try,
 I simply cannot see - If all those parts belong to them, 
 Then what belongs to me? 

Answer the Questions that follows. 

1. Draw lines to match the body part with the family member who shares the same feature. 

Uncle Joey                      nose 
Grandma Gertie               toes 
Mother                             mouth 
Aunt Sue                          hair
Cousin Robert                 dimple 

2. Lines 7 and 8 read: And blinking in the mirror Are Daddy's baby blues. What does this mean? How do you know? ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ 
3. What does this poem teach us?
 a. Our relatives do not usually look like us.
 b. We sometimes have the same body features as the people we're related to.
 c. Children are usually shorter than their parents. 
d. Children should dress like other members of their family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment